Re: [Solution] PG 7.1.3 & MacOS X (10.1)

От Chris Ruprecht
Тема Re: [Solution] PG 7.1.3 & MacOS X (10.1)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Russ,

Your pages certainly helped - it did the trick - I'm now running
PostgreSQL 7.1.3 on my PowerBook! Excellent! My next project is to
get the GDLIB to compile here and to get a Tk/Tcl package installed -
I need the one for image upload/manipulation and the other for pgMail
to work ...

Thank you very much for the help.

Best regards,
Chris.

>Hi Chris,
>
>I went through this pain a few weeks ago.  Some us couldn't get
>through the make phase for PG on Mac 10.1; others made it through
>the make phase, but then got weird "backend disconnected" errors.  A
>couple of the guys who are working on the OpenACS project (the open
>source version of Philip Greenspun's cool web publishing system)
>coded up some very necessary patches, since they use PG for their
>backend database. (I'm waffling between Apple's WebObjects and some
>version of the ACS system, but in either case I'll be using
>PostgreSQL as my backend database too.)
>
>Anyway, all the installation instructions for getting PG running on
>10.0.x/10.1 are on a web page I put up (although it might be a bit
>too basic for you):
>
>http://www.psyex.com/techdocs/pgonx.html
>
>Let me know if you find any typos.  There shouldn't be any errors,
>since I've had a least a few others get up and running with the
>directions there.  Hope that helps,
>
>Russ
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I got postgres 7.1.3 to compile for the most part, there are a few
>>libs which didn't make it, but I don't think they are part of the
>>problem.
>>After installing everything I did the initdb which worked just
>>fine. I got the postmaster up just fine, too. Then, when I tried
>>'createdb msms' I got an error that the backend has disconnected -
>>the postmaster was still up though.
>>When I tried again, I got messages that the directory I was trying
>>to create already existed. I tried this a few times to no avail.
>>I also tried this with the postgres.pkg (sort of what an rpm is for
>>RedHat Linux) file which I installed before I went to compile
>>everything myself.
>>
>>I currently have the drive formatted with the Apple HFS+
>>filesystem, I'm not sure if it would make a difference if I would
>>format that with UFS. I have a spare 10 GB drive and I'm willing to
>>put myself though 10 hours of installation vows ... any hints?
>>
>>Best regards,
>>Chris

Chris Ruprecht
Network grunt and bit pusher extraordinaíre